Why Scrum and Agile is the need of the hour?
Certified Scrum Master is among the popular IT certifications. More than half a million professionals got CSM Certified till now. Digital Transformation is a global phenomenon, the requirement for faster turnarounds, user-friendly platforms, and flexible goals are ever increasing.
The modern business cannot survive with the traditional methods, the need to serve steadily growing business demand means the solution and the business teams require an Agile Workflow and Agile Solution.
“As the time gets tough, the scrum gets you going”
IT projects have a whopping 70% failure rate, and the cost of failure is $50-$150 billion annually. 57 percent of projects fail due to the breakdown in communications. Scrum is the need of the hour, IT and business are merging, the organizations need to go agile to survive this onslaught.
“Any organization that does not go through an Agile transformation will die. It is the same as a company refusing to use computers. Agile is all about fast feedback and thus fast learning. In today’s complex world those organizations win that learn the fastest.”
Sohrab Salimi, CIO state of Scrum report 2018
Why Certified Scrum Master
85% Respondents of 2017 Scrum report preferred Scrum Master as their number one choice for Certifications. Certified Scrum Masters are leading the change from the front. Scrum is among the most popular Agile Frameworks.
As per “State of Scrum Report 2017-18”, 86% of Respondents agree that Scrum continues to improve the quality of work life. As a solution expert, your main objective is Delivering value to the customer, scrum is the most customer-centric approach.
How to choose the best CSM Workshop?
Scrum Masters are the living examples of Scrum values and Principles. They are the true servant leaders who motivate the team which delivers greater value to the customer after every sprint.
It’s a daily challenge to keep communication, transparency, uphold scrum values and removing all roadblocks. The role brings best out of the human being both personally and professionally.
Any two days’ workshop will not be able to teach you everything that it takes to be a great scrum master. You need to live and abide by scrum values and it takes time to imbibe such a personality shift.
You need to choose a scrum workshop which helps you live by scrum values and principles for two days. Post certification, you need a coach or guide to bring scrum practices to life.
Why choose iZenbridge for CSM Course In Chennai?
Our CSM Workshops in Chennai are Delivered by expert CSTs. We have a team of expert Agile coaches who guide you on the scrum path. It’s a fun-filled workshop where you experience various challenges that a Scrum master has to face in his day to day life.
We also offer you a complimentary online scrum master program which ensures that you have a rich understanding of Scrum even before joining the class. The two-day Certified scrum master class would be an enriching experience if you attend this after going through the online program.
We train 100+ professionals on Scrum every month in Chennai. An expert Agile coach who understand the local scrum environment, professional aspiration and can also speak in your regional language; Tamil (தமிழ்).
An Active scrum community to support your growth –
Chennai is a hub of software majors like TCS, Barclays, IBM, Capgemini, Cognizant, Bank of America, ADP along with a buzzing start-up environment.
IZenbridge has an active user base and through our Scrum Alliance Chennai User Group Discuss Agile, we engage with lots of scrum masters through our offline meetups, webinars, learning and networking events and annual conference to deliver a continuous learning experience.
“We stand to deliver a Continuous, enriching Learning experience to Scrum Masters beyond 2 days of training”.
Deliverables from our Scrum Certification Class
- CSM Certifications from Scrum Alliance (upon Successful Completion of the exam)
- 2 days fun-filled Workshop by Expert CST
- 2 years membership of scrum alliance
- Online Master Program on Agile, Scrum, and Kanban – $200 Value (Complimentary with CSM Workshop) Expert CST Trainer.
- Lifetime support for CSM renewal (Free SEUs).
- Agile Career and Certification roadmap (Guided by an Expert)
What is covered in 2 days CSM workshop?
The CSM Course is based on Scrum Master learning objectives 2017 as defined by Scrum Alliance. For more information, you may download the complete document from by filling up this form –
Download the detail course content here:
Need Some help? Call Sumit 8884670012
Here is a brief of what is covered in a CSM Workshop –
Broadly a CSM workshop covers the role a scrum master along with scrum and Agile fundamentals. The CSM Learning Objectives fall into the following categories:
- Lean, Agile, and Scrum Fundamentals
- Agile Facilitation and role of a scrum master
- Agile Coaching role for a scrum master
- Service to the Development Team by ScrumMaster
- Service to the Product Owner by the ScrumMaster
- Service to the Organization by the scrum master
Hand holding for an agile career.
Your Association with iZenbridge is for the lifetime. CSM is just the beginning, by staying connected you can earn Scrum education units, attend free agile webinar and workshop, connect with the local community of scrum masters in Chennai.
We will keep supporting you through your Agile journey. A great agile career needs a greater foundation, with our association you can get to next level of Agile by becoming a scaled Agile Professional, An Agile coach or explore the alternative agile approaches like Kanban and Disciplined Agile Delivery and Agile project management.
Q. Why should I go for scrum master certification?
A. CSM® – Certified Scrum Master is a Scrum Alliance credential. If you want to start your journey of learning Agile principles and the Scrum Framework, Scrum Master Certification is the first step. 2 days workshop teaches on scrum fundamentals and help you start your agile journey.
Q. Will I get any PDUs after CSM training program?
A. Yes, the students will get 16 Category “A” PDUs towards PMI’s PMP® / PMI-ACP® / PgMP® credential after training program.
PDUs from online program on Scrum Agile and Kanban (Complimentary with CSM)
Q. Do I need membership of Scrum Alliance to attend training for this certification?
A. No, this workshop provides you the membership of Scrum Alliance for 2 years. When you renew your CSM certificate the membership of scrum alliance is also renewed for the similar period. Alternatively, you can choose next level of Agile certifications, like Scrum product owner, Certified Agile leader or CSP to add more duration to your scrum alliance membership.
Q. How does Scrum Alliance membership help me as a scrum Professional?
A. The Scrum alliance membership adds great value to active scrum masters. It gives you access to the entire community of certified scrum professionals (CSM, CSPO, and CSP etc), Trainers, agile coaches. This is one of the greatest and largest scrum community. You can also join the certified scrum master LInkedin Group which is quite active. The scrum alliance community portal also allows companies to post job openings on their job board. You can directly apply to various open scrum roles. Here is the checklist to get best out of your Scrum Alliance Membership –
- Add new articles/ case studies and other learnings on Scrum Alliance community blog
- Create, maintain and promote your own Scrum User Group (A Local Chapter of Scrum Enthusiasts).
- You can also join the active user groups of your area (Discuss Agile Chennai is one such group) and start participating in various activities.
- Connect respectfully with other members, participate in active forums, other discussions.
- Share your learning and help the members (Your efforts will be recognized and appreciated by the community).
- Participate in regional and international scrum gatherings.
Q. How Do I take the CSM Online exam?
A. Participants are often worried about completing the CSM exam and getting certified once they have completed the training. Once you have completed the training, your Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) will collect your attendance information and will submit your data on Scrum Alliance. The CST also has to deposit the exam fee to scrum alliance (Its included in your certification cost). Once the fee is submitted, the exam link is generated and shared on your email ID.
You can confirm your login details and start the online exam whenever you are prepared. You will get 14 days from the first day of your certification to complete the online exam. We recommend that you do not hurry and take your time in practicing with the mock exams provided by iZenbridge in our online program on Scrum. If you take the exam after a thorough practice you can expert a better score in CSM exam.
You will get two attempts to clear the certification, most of our participants clear in first attempt itself.
Q. When can I take the test?
A. You need 14 days after your training to complete the online exam for CSM certification, as soon as you are confident of clearing the certification and has scored good in the mock exam, its time to complete the exam and get certified.
Q. Can I retake the test if I fail?
A. Yes. You get two attempts for CSM exam. If you are unable to clear, you can reattempt.
Q. What are the career opportunities for certified scrum master in Chennai?
A. Chennai is one of the major IT destinations of India. There are 4000+ Bigger enterprises and close to 8200 Small and medium companies operating in Chennai. Almost 60% of big enterprises are using Agile and constantly need Scrum professionals to take various roles. Here are few companies in Chennai who are considered to be good paymasters for Scrum roles.
- Perficient India Private Limited
- Sopra Steria India Ltd
Q. How do I choose my training provider for scrum master certification?
A. Scrum Certification if done correctly could be a game changer. It can give a boost to your IT Career and offer you a completely different direction with growth and new opportunities.
Here are few thumb rules that you can keep in mind while selecting a CSM training.
- The CSM training can only be delivered by a Certified Scrum master. Make sure his profile is visible on Scrum Alliance. Never register for a training where the trainer profile is not known.
- Only go for a registered education provider, they offer a host of benefits like, additional scrum education units, support during your CSM Renewal, also if you need some help in interacting with scrum alliance regarding your profile, they can support there too.
- Opt for a training where you are offered an online program as well. You need to refer online content for a long term understanding of scrum. Just two days training will not be enough to get started in scrum.
- Also, look for a company which can take care of your future certification needs. Agile is a long journey so go with experts. Avoid shops which are just selling certificates.
- Opt for a well-established Agile training company which can support your agile implementation by offering you a long-term certification and training roadmap in Agile.
Two factors which gets undue importance are cost of training and proximity of the training venue. CSM certification is lifetime investment and these two factors should be given least priority as they have zero impact on the training quality.
Where do you conduct your csm certification in Chennai?
Most of our CSM training batches are organized in the IT hubs near OMR. One of our prominent training venues is Hotel Novotel in Chennai OMR area. The choice of venue varies
Q. What is the cost of Agile Scrum master certification in Chennai?
A. The certification cost will vary according to the training providers. It costs somewhere between 22-25 thousand Indian rupees depending on the location and the training quality. The certification cost is included in the above fee, it also takes care of your lunch and study material on both the days. Training companies charge GST separately.
Q. How Do I start my Agile Career after getting scrum master certification in Chennai?
A. The bad news is, certification alone is not enough to start working in Agile. If you are opting for a CSM certification in Chennai you will most likely fall in one of the three criteria
- You are already working in a scrum team – If you are part of a scrum team already and want to strengthen your fundamentals, CSM workshop is a good beginning, a Certified scrum trainer will walk you through the entire journey of scrum master and you can immediately start implementing learnings from the CSM class.
- You are a beginner in scrum – If you have a little idea of scrum but never worked in scrum, the challenge has just begun. You need to master the fundamentals while still looking for opportunities to work in scrum. The best idea is to start implementing scrum in the team where you are already working, for this you need to understand the scrum framework really well and need to lead the implementation.
- You are a senior professional working in waterfall model – This is quite challenging, in order to understand and appreciate the scrum fundamentals you need to leave a lot of waterfall baggage and command and control mindset. Scrum is a complete overhaul of what you have done in past. The servant leader’s mindset is a totally different approach and you need to learn from the beginning.
Q. Which are other certifications I can do along with CSM?
A. In order to succeed with Agile at the enterprise level, you need to understand the multiple agile frameworks and how it scales. We recommend you work as a Scrum master for some time before going for the next level of training. An experienced scrum master can opt for following certifications
|Certified scrum Product owner||Parallel to Scrum Master. A good addition to help you understand the product owner’s role and apply a holistic approach to scrum framework.|
|Safe Agilist (Scaled Agile Framework)||Most scrum teams need support in scaling. There are multiple scaling frameworks but scaled agile is the leader in this area. You can learn the framework and go for a SAFe Agilist certification.|
|Kaban (KMP1 and KMP2)||Kanban is the alternate to scrum. As a productivity tool Kanban is a great addition both at a personal and professional level.|
|Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)||ICP-ACC is the leading Agile certification for the coaches. It’s recognized globally for the extensive coverage of Agile coaching fundamentals.|
|PMI-ACP||PMI ACP is popular agile certification. If you want to develop an overall understanding of Agile and Scrum and various agile frameworks, PMI ACP could be a great start.|
Q. What other certifications do you offer in Chennai?
A. We understand that any one certification is not enough to meet your skill upgradation needs. IT Industry is going through a turbulent time and most senior folks are struggling to grow. Our certification courses are designed to help you fight the mid-career crisis. We offer Scaled Agile framework (SAFe Agilist, Devops) IPC ACC, Kanban Certifications (KMP1 and KMP2), CSPO and other certifications which are relevant to the industry needs.
Q. How is your csm Chennai Workshop different from other providers?
A. We leave this to your judgement, however there are couple of points which we would like to highlight.
- We are an agile expert company (most of our competitor sale CSM and they do not have anything to offer you further). We have a range of certifications which are important for a steady growth of your career.
- We have a local trainer who understand agile and local agile environment as a whole, the benefit comes in form of addressing all our scrum related questions with a local context in a local language.
- We support your continuous learning needs with help of online program, regular webinars events, offline community workshop and meetups. An active community is very critical for a long term growth.
Q. Does scrum Alliance has a regional office in Chennai?
A. Scrum Alliance Does not have regional office in India. iZenbridge is a REP of Scrum Alliance and our trainers are Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs) with affiliation of scrum Alliance.
CSM Training Testimonials
Moments from Previous CSM Classes
CSM Free Practice Test
Practice of CSM questions can make your exam preparation complete, in our three-step study plan we give good importance to practice step
Here are the 10 free questions which can strengthen your preparation and can help in identification of weak areas.
- It’s a free test.
- No time constraints for completing the test
- Check your scores and explanations directly after test
CST , CEC, SPC4, PMP and PMI-ACP
Sekhar is a technocrat, management consultant and an Enterprise Agile Transformation Coach has over 16+ years of using methodologies from Agile to Waterfall.