- What is a baseline, how is it use while creating project management plan?
- What are organizational influences? Explain with examples
- What is a project charter? Is project manager involved in the creation of a project charter?
- What is a project, how is it different from a program, and a portfolio?
- How many knowledge Areas are there in Project Management. Do you use all in your projects?
- What are project management methodologies? Which one did you used in your projects?
- What Is Triple Constraint Triangle In Project Management?
- What do you mean by Talent Triangle?
- What is an SOW? How is it different from Scope Management Plan?
- What is the difference between project management and project operational/ Business As Usual (BAU) activities?
- What is the difference between agile project management and traditional project management concept?
Project Manager Skills
- A project Manager is expected to be influential and exceptionally good in communication? Do you agree? Why or why not?
- How good are you in taking proactive decision? Give examples from your past experience?
- Are you good in delegating responsibilities? Did you ever failed in your delegation style?
- How do you handle escalations? Do you react immediately or take time before responding?
- What mechanism do you use to monitor and review the delegated responsibilities?
- Change is inevitable? How do you handle changes to your project?
- What tools do you use as a manager to plan your and team’s activities to minimize conflicts occurring due to dependencies?
- On time delivery is the main performance criteria of any project manager. How do you ensure that your project is always on track?
- At times project managers had to make tough decisions. Do you have any instance to share?
- How influential you are in seeking help outside from people outside your project team?
- How do you manage frequent Scope creep and interference of high management in your project?
- How good you are in handling contract based vendors for your project
- Your project is behind the planned schedule, how do you get it back on track?
- What is fast tracking and Crashing? Differentiate with examples.
- What are the ways of compressing project time or schedule?
- What are different cost estimation techniques?
- What measures do you take in case of high cost variance in your project?
- What is a risk and how is it different from an issue
- Can a risk be beneficial? If yes give examples.
- What is the difference between contingency and Management reserve?
- Quote an incident in your past project where you experienced a high level of uncertainty. How did you tackle these uncertainties/risks?
- What are the types of risks you may encounter in a project?
- Are there any positive aspects of the risk identification process?
- What are different Quality tools used in project management? Mention any 3 which you have used very often.
- What is the 80/20 principle? Where is it generally used?
- Did you take any initiative for process improvement plans in your projects?
- How do you ensure Quality is as per client’s expectation?
- What is the importance of prototypes?
- What are Fishbone Analysis and Pareto Analysis?
- Good communications skill is necessary for a successful project manager.How do you communicate bad news or failure?
- Stakeholder Management and engagement is essential for a successful project. How do you determine the communication needs of stakeholders?
- In case of dis-satisfaction of a customer with the quality or results of the product, what will you do as a project manager?
- Did you face any communication challenges in you past projects? Give examples?
- What is the difference in your communication style when you are dealing with your internal project team and end customer?
- Who all are included as stakeholders in the project? Differentiate between direct and indirect stakeholders?
- How do manage external and internal stakeholders?
- How good are you in people management? Did you get a chance to manage discontented employees?
- How do you manage conflict between two key team members of your project?
- How do you ensure work done in time by resources not reporting to you directly?
- There are times when you fail to keep promise? How do you handle such situations?
- How do you ensure you and your team deliver or exceed customer expectations?
- At times Performance review becomes a challenge as you have pressure from your top management with limitation of top rating. How do you mange it effectively?
- What do you do to motivate your team members?
- What tools or techniques do you use to develop a cohesive team?
- How do you set goals for your team in alignment with the company’s goal? And how do you track these goals?
- It is difficult to manage resources not physically present. What challenges did you faced in managing remote teams?
- How do you manage team members that are not working to their full potential?
- How do you handle team at the time of strict project deadlines?
Software/ IT industry/Testing
- What project management software do you prefer?
- Explain The Phases Of Software Project?
- What do you mean by SDLC?
- Six Sigma Implementation Team?
- What Is Cmmi?
- What Are The Five Levels In Cmmi?
- What Is Black Box Testing and White Box Testing?
- What Is Regression Testing?
- What Is System Testing?
- What Is Acceptance Testing?
- What is the Difference between Unit Testing, Assembly Testing And Regression Testing?
- How do you deal with the situation when you have not performed well?
- Did you involved in make or buy decision and end up with wrong estimation?
- What do you think are 5 qualities required to be a successful project manager?
- Do you think that a project manager should be proactive? Why
- What is your view regarding professionalism and integrity at work place?
- A project manager is more successful if he is a subject matter expert? Do you agree
- How will you ensure that your team will stay on the right track to complete the project on deadline?
- What Do You Mean By Business Object?
- Did any of the employees or managers challenge your decisions in your previous job?
- How did you ensured and maintained long term relationship with you customers?
- Where do you want to see yourself in next six years?