During my conversation with most of the aspirants I ever came across, I realized that most of them consider that more the number of Mock exams the better the preparation would be.
But how far of this is true?
One our PMP aspirant, Vishal Motwani had a similar doubt and in the video, you can see the discussion he had with our Lead trainer Saket Bansal.
Quality over Quantity
What I understood that attempting much mock exam is definitely good but the goal is to set a benchmark for each mock exam and achieve those benchmark. Identify the gaps from the first mock exam, Analyse the problem and only then we should move to the next mock exam. What I understood that attempting much mock exam is definitely good but the goal is to set a benchmark for each mock exam and achieve those benchmark. Identify the gaps from the first mock exam, Analyse the problem and only then we should move to the next mock exam.
Where is the gap? / What to analyse?
Answer is Correct
- Now that we know the answer is correct, we must not let go without analysing what thought process went behind the question and what the con. We need to find out if the information/knowledge based on which you choose the answer correct is aligned with the course content or not.
- If your thought process is not completely aligned with authors thought process but somehow the answer was correct then you need to work on the specific/ related concepts. This gap would probably go unnoticed if not tapped at the right time.
- If your thought process is exactly same as the authors explanation of the concept then you are good to go.
Answer is wrong
- Understanding &analyzing this gap is comparatively much easier than others knowing this is the most important segment which you clearly need to focus on.
- We need to find out the wrong answers and understand the actual concept.
- Identify the problem & root cause and start fixing it. We do have a very extensive discussion forum, where queries will be answered by PMP experts. It has 1000+ threads for related to PMP exam topics. Learning in the community is fast and makes concepts easy. You can post your query there, do the discussion and analyze your result based on that discussion.
Answer is guessed (Maybe Right / Wrong)
- This is a very tricky segment. It doesn’t matter if the answer is correct or wrong, but what is important is that you are probably only aware of the tip of the iceberg.
- These concepts need to be revisited very thoroughly as if you are reading them from the beginning.
- Follow the same process, you may refer to discussion forum or check the videos on ourYoutube channel
One can now easily conclude that the preparation for PMP is irrespective number of mock/simulation exam. As an aspirant, he/she has to focus on understanding and filling the knowledge gap from each and every Simulation Exam. Once done only then he/she must move to next simulation Exam.