Differentiate yourself – Get ahead in your Scrum Knowledge and acquire skills to be great scrum master.
A-CSM® (Advanced Certified ScrumMaster®) is designed for Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) who wish to take their ScrumMaster skills to the next level.
After this class, you will be able to demonstrate coaching and facilitation skills in your scrum team. The program gives you skills to detect and fix dysfunctional scrum teams.
What will you Learn?
This Online Program is best suited for professionals who prefer to experiment the learning in work environment during the program duration itself. Doing these experiments helps you in learning from doing along with learning for the trainer.
The online learning will have a good mix of group activities and the introduction of the theory
- Engage and motivate everyone to build high-performance teams.
- Coach Product Owner to build winning products.
- Create containers to energize your sprint retrospectives.
- Promote innovation by challenging your teams.
- Transform teams by being their powerful change agent.
- Enable teams and leaders by helping them to solve their own problems.
- Empower teams as an influential Servant Leader and lead by example.
- Help teams to understand and promote the importance of self-organization.
- Study and analyze various coaching scenarios to develop deeper insights into Systems.
A-CSM Certification pre-requisites
- A current Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification from the Scrum Alliance®.
- At least 12 months of experience as a ScrumMaster within the last five years.
- To attend at least four hours of the instructor-led program.
- To complete all the online modules, quizzes, and assignments.
- Demonstrate skills in facilitation and mentoring to the instructor.
What is covered in A-CSM Class
- Your Journey as a ScrumMaster
- ScrumMaster Competencies
- Scrum Values & Creating Team Working Agreements
- Forming Great Teams
- Empirical Process Control
- Building Self-Organization
- The Art & Science of Facilitation
- ScrumMaster Facilitating Scrum Events
- Agile Coaching
- ScrumMaster Coaching Effective Team Dynamics
- ScrumMaster Coaching Individuals, Organization and Leadership
- Dealing with Technical Debt
- Advanced Engineering Practices
- ScrumMaster Coaching Product Owner
- ScrumMaster as a Chief Impediments Remover
- Various Scaling Frameworks
- ScrumMaster-Scaling World Café
- ScrumMaster as a Servant Leader
- Personnel Commitment and Action Plan
- For details of learning objective and what is covered in the class, please
- download the A-CSM learning guide below.
A-CSM Course Plan (Virtual Class)
The program runs for four weeks and each week participants are expected to do three type of activities
- Self-Learning of approx. 3 hours
- Live Interaction with the trainer for 2 hours; the recording will be shared with participants.
- Sharing Insights from Self Learning
Live Classes Timing
- 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM IST
- 8:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) to 10 AM ET
- 1 PM GMT to 3 PM GMT
- A-CSM Certificate by Scrum Alliance
- A-CSM Study material and class recordings.
- Extension of Scrum Alliance membership by 2 years
- 16 PDUS and 16 SEUs
Q. How do I earn the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) certification?
A. To earn an Advanced CSM, you first must have an active CSM® certification with Scrum Alliance®. With your CSM, you must successfully achieve and be validated by a Path to CSP Educator, all the A-CSM™ learning objectives defined. Students must successfully complete all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, in addition to demonstrating at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster, within the past five years.
Q. When and how can I take A-CSM Exam?
A. In our virtual A-CSM Class, the trainer ensures that you complete the 7 learning objectives. Your data will be submitted to scrum alliance after the training. You need to just accept the Scrum Alliance license agreement and download the certificate. There is no exam for A-CSM.
Q. How do I “demonstrate 12 months of experience” to qualify for the ACSM®?
A. You can login to your Scrum Alliance dashboard and update your Scrum Alliance profile to demonstrate the experience.
Q. How do I complete CSP After A-CSM ?
A. After A-CSM, your next step is to complete CSP-SM.
Q. What will I learn in A-CSM Workshop?
A. Through the A-CSM, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate better dialogue between the Product Owner, Team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement and low motivation.
- Increase engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace. An A-CSM certification helps you stand out among the global Scrum community.
What is the pre-requisite for getting A-CSM Certification?
A. Pre-requisite for getting A-CSM Certification:
- An active CSM Certificate
- 1 year or more experience in the past 5 years of working as a ScrumMaster
What are the steps for getting A-CSM Certification?
A. Steps for getting A-CSM Certification:
- 16 Hours Advanced Scrum Master A-CSM Workshop by a Scrum Alliance approved CST.
- Complete the pre and post assignments given by the trainer.
- Validate your experience on the Scrum Alliance portal.
- Claim your A-CSM Certification.
Q. How Scrum Alliance validates my Experience as a Scrum Master?
A. You need to record your experience in your Scrum Alliance profile in order to claim the A-CSM Certification. There is no additional verification required.
Q. I have 5+ years of Scrum Experience, but I got CSM certified recently. Am I eligible for A-CSM Certificate?
A. Yes. Your one-year Scrum Experience should be in the last 5 years. It could be before earning CSM certificate, it is considered valid.
Q. Can I take an A-CSM™ educational offering before I have the required work experience?
A. You can attend the A-CSM Workshop before attaining one-year experience, but in order to earn certification, you would need one-year experience. Its mandatory to record one-year experience to earn A-CSM Certificate. However, you can take the class now, but you may be only able to claim your A-CSM credential after validated one year of experience.
How Do I enter my Scrum Experience on Scrum Alliance portal?
A. Steps are given below:
- Login to scrum Alliance account (Every professional with active Scrum should be able to login)
- Go to Certification dashboard under settings.
- Under the profile picture, select to “Edit” your certification profile.
- Scroll down to “Add/edit” your work experience.
- In case of any problems contact email@example.com
Q. Do I need to take any exam for getting A-CSM Certification?
A. Unlike CSM Scrum Alliance does not conduct an official exam for A-CSM. Your Certified Scrum Trainer will offer you some assignments which you need to complete in order to earn the A-CSM certificate.
Q. My CSM Certificate is expired, can I attend A-CSM Certification?
A. In order to get A-CSM Certified you need to have an active CSM certification. However, if your CSM expired before 90 days, you can still attend our class.
Q. Will My CSM Certificate get renewed when I get A-CSM?
A. Yes, if your CSM certificate is active, it will be renewed once you get A-CSM certified.
Q. How is A-CSM Different from the CSM Certification I already have?
A. A-CSM builds upon the knowledge you gained during CSM workshop and your experience as Scrum Master. By the end of A-CSM workshop, you will be a better facilitator, skilled at collaboration and stakeholder engagement. You will be able to handle Scrum team and the impediments much effectively.
Q. Where does A-CSM Fit in Path to CSP Educators?
A. As per the new path for CSP, you can now have multiple CSP certification. i.e. CSP-SM and CSP-PO. A Certified Scrum master can reach CSP-SM by following the steps below-
- Get CSM certified
- Record a minimum Two-year experience as Scrum master in Scrum Alliance
- Attend 16 hours A-CSM Workshop (Virtual or in-person) depending on your location.
- Attend path to CSP Educator program (Check the list of approved trainers)
- Get CSP certified
Note – You should have a minimum of 24 months of work experience of ScrumMaster (from within the past five years).
Q. What is the renewal process for A-CSM™ certification?
A. The A-CSM™ credential is good for two years. You need to fulfil the SEU requirements determined by Scrum Alliance to renew A-CSM.
Submit Your Query
CST , CEC, SPC4, PMP and PMI-ACP
Sekhar is a technocrat, management consultant and an Enterprise Agile Transformation Coach has over 16+ years of using methodologies from Agile to Waterfall.