Integrated Agile approach is the need of hour and DevOps is the enabler of integrated Agile Approach. DevOps is a reliable, scalable and collaborative method of communication between development team and the other member of IT teams. Here is the set of best practices that DevOps enables.
- Continuous Integration: The few features are easily and quickly integrated in the existing system.
- Continuous Deployment: release management becomes easy.
- Continuous Feedback: it enables easy collection and integration of the feedback from end customer.
Imagine a world where product owners, Development, QA, IT Operations, and Infosec work together, not only to help each other, but also to ensure that the overall organization succeeds. By working toward a common goal, they enable the fast flow of planned work into production, while achieving world-class stability, reliability, availability, and security.
~From Devops handbook
About SAFe Devops Certification –
In this two days’ workshop you will master the Devops competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
You will be able to map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The two days workshops will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand.
You will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery.
The CALMR Approach helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
You will be empowered with the tools you need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge you need to support the plan.
You will also be eligible to take the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
After attending the class, you should be able to:
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps is, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What You Will Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
You must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following will benefit from this course:
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
Need Some help? Call Deepak 9958297711
Q. What is DevOps?
DevOps is a mindset, a culture, and a set of technical practices. It
- Provides communication, integration, automation, and close cooperation among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain a Solution.
- Breaks down silos and empower each Agile Release Train (ART) and Solution Train to continuously deliver new Features to their end users.
- Close collaboration between development and operations to help trains operate with an automated Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Delivers solution elements to the end user, without handoffs or excessive external production or operations support.
- Deliver value more frequently.
Q. How is DevOps different from Scrum?
Scrum at its best is an isolated minimal agile framework, which in itself is incomplete. Scrum does not address the regular organizational issues, its part of overall organization. DevOps goes a step further and ensures a greater collaboration between development and the operations team, thereby ensuring a continuous delivery.
Q. How does DevOps fit in my overall Agility?
Devops ensure continuous delivery which is an end goal of agile software development. Unlike, other frameworks, DevOps brings greater collaboration with help of tools, culture, change management, process improvement and collaboration.
Q. What is the goal of DevOps?
- Improve collaboration between Development and IT Operations
- Develop and automate a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Increase the frequency and quality of deployments
- Improves innovation and risk-taking by making it safer to experiment
- Realizefaster time to market
- Improve solution quality and
- shorten the lead time for fixes
- Reduce the severity and frequency of release failures
- Improve the Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR)
Q. How Devops Promotes the culture of Shared responsibility?
- SAFe Devops leverages the culture created by adopting the Lean-Agile values, principles, and practices of the entire framework.
- It enables shifting some operating responsibilities upstream, while following development work downstream into deployment, and operating and monitoring the solution in production.
- Devops relies on the ability of Agile teams and IT Operations teams to collaborate effectively in an ongoing manner, ensuring that solutions are developed and delivered faster and more reliably.
- It includes operations personnel and capabilities on every ART.
- DevOps requires a tolerance for failure and rapid recovery, and rewards risk-taking. Infrastructure empowers development and operations to act independently without blocking each other.
- Sharing discoveries, practices, tools, and learning across silos is encouraged. DevOps relies heavily on automation to provide speed, consistency, and repeatable processes and environment creation, as we describe below.
Q. What is the career options after SAFe Devops Certification?
After getting certified as SAFe DevOps, you can easily get following roles –
- Software development team member in SAFe DevOps environment.
- SAFe DevOps Consultant
- Agile project manager
- Release train engineer
- SAFe Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant (Next Level of SAFe Certification)
Q. Can I take SAFe DevOps certification without attending the workshop?
No, it’s mandatory to attend the two days masterclass in order to get certified. It should be an in-person workshop, not virtual training.
Q. How many hours of training is required?
Its 16 hours of hands-on training spanning over two full days.
Q. Do you offer Scrum education units from this class?
Yes, the participants will receive 15 Category E Scrum education units.
Q. Can I take the exam from anywhere?
Yes, its an online exam, you can take it from your office or personal computer with good internet connectivity. The exam is virtually proctored and the participants are not allowed to switch in between or refer the study material during the exam.
Q. What is the exam format? How many questions will be asked?
|Exam duration||90 minutes|
|Number of questions||45|
|Passing score||33 out of 45 (73%)|
|Exam cost||$100, included in the cost of training|
|Second attempt||Allowed. Cost is USD 50|
Q. What is the validity of SAFe Devops certificate?
The SAFe Devops certificate is valid for a year, you need to renew the certificate to keep it valid. The annual cost of renewal is USD 100.
Q. How Do I renew this certificate?
In order to renew, login to scaled Agile community portal and you will be able to see all your certificate along with expiry dates.
Q. Where Can I find the reference material?
The reference material for SAFe Devops will be provided in the class.
Q. What is included in the SAFe Devops classroom kit?
- The SAFe Devops reference material (Handbook)
- Eligibility to take SAFe Devops online exam.
- Access to SAFe community portal for a year.
Q. How is SAFe Devops different from other DevOps certifications?
DevOps and scaled agile are complimentary to each other, a strong agile team will focus on collaboration, while scaled agile framework creates the culture and environment of collaboration and continuous delivery, Devops will provide necessary tools of growth in the agile environment. Mastering both Devops and Scaled agile framework can accelerate the agility of your organization.
Q. Do you provide online training for SAFe DevOps?
No, the scaled agile academy is very particular about face to face interaction. The complexity of framework and the practical aspect of tool makes it difficult to create an environment of learning virtually. That’s the precise reason why SAFe Devops mandates a classroom interaction over virtual environment.