A Certified SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) is a designation offered by Scaled Agile. If you want to boost the full flow of value from idea to operational solution through a Continuous Delivery Pipeline, then this course is for you. As a professional, you will be required to engage in Continuous Exploration, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release-on-Demand, Continuous Testing, Continuous Protection, and Creation of a Culture of Shared Responsibility. You will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which will help you in building a culture of shared responsibility for delivering the full spectrum of solutions. You will also be able to align people, processes, and technology throughout your organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
During this online training, you will learn how to:
- Determine and enable strategic business objectives through DevOps
- Apply a CALMR approach to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand that the successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end-users on demand.
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline.
- Implement value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process.
- Formulate DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, and most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to the organization
- Collaborate with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
Who should attend?
This course will be beneficial to:
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Manager
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
Upcoming Classroom Trainings
There is no specific qualification required for attending this course. All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
iZenbridge offers Scaled Agile SAFe® DevOps Practitioner Certification virtual live session. Our online live program would be an enriching experience that will help you learn what DevOps is. why it is important to every role, how to improve the quality of the system with continuous testing, how to maintain security by inspecting continuously for vulnerabilities, and how to measure the flow through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. To get Certified, one must attend live virtual sessions and clear the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner exam. Upon successful completion of the course, professionals will receive certification from the Scaled Agile.
To get certified, you need to attend all the sessions and clear the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner exam. All the relevant information is given below:
- SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner exam will include multiple-choice questions.
- It will be a web-based (single browser) closed book exam.
- After attending all the sessions, you will get access to the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform.
- The exam duration will be 90 mins i.e. 1.5 hours.
- The number of questions will be 45 and the exam will be in the English language.
- You must get 33 marks out of 45 marks to clear the exam i.e. 73% pass rate.
- The first exam (fee covered with your training cost) if it will be within 30 days of course completion.
- After that each retake exam attempt will cost $50.
- In case of failure in the first attempt, you can go for the second attempt immediately, but the third attempt will require 10 days of wait and the fourth attempt will require 30 days of wait.
- Certification will be valid for 1 year and renewal fees will be $100.
What is included?
You will be required to attend the online training to qualify for the exam. The course training will include:
- Training from our certified industry expert
- Course and Workbook Online
- Exam Fee for 1 attempt towards the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Certification
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner certification
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the PMI for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance.
Q. What is DevOps?
A. DevOps is a mindset, a culture, and a set of technical practices. It
- Provides communication, integration, automation, and close cooperation among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain a Solution.
- Breaks down silos and empower each Agile Release Train (ART) and Solution Train to continuously deliver new Features to their end users.
- Close collaboration between development and operations to help trains operate with an automated Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Delivers solution elements to the end user, without handoffs or excessive external production or operations support.
- Deliver value more frequently.
Q. How is DevOps different from Scrum?
A. Scrum at its best is an isolated minimal agile framework, which in itself is incomplete. Scrum does not address the regular organizational issues, its part of overall organization. DevOps goes a step further and ensures a greater collaboration between development and the operations team, thereby ensuring a continuous delivery.
Q. How does DevOps fit in my overall Agility?
A. Devops ensure continuous delivery which is an end goal of agile software development. Unlike, other frameworks, DevOps brings greater collaboration with help of tools, culture, change management, process improvement and collaboration.
Q. What is the goal of DevOps?
- Improve collaboration between Development and IT Operations
- Develop and automate a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Increase the frequency and quality of deployments
- Improves innovation and risk-taking by making it safer to experiment
- Realizefaster time to market
- Improve solution quality and
- shorten the lead time for fixes
- Reduce the severity and frequency of release failures
- Improve the Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR)
Q. How Devops Promotes the culture of Shared responsibility?
- SAFe Devops leverages the culture created by adopting the Lean-Agile values, principles, and practices of the entire framework.
- It enables shifting some operating responsibilities upstream, while following development work downstream into deployment, and operating and monitoring the solution in production.
- Devops relies on the ability of Agile teams and IT Operations teams to collaborate effectively in an ongoing manner, ensuring that solutions are developed and delivered faster and more reliably.
- It includes operations personnel and capabilities on every ART.
- DevOps requires a tolerance for failure and rapid recovery, and rewards risk-taking. Infrastructure empowers development and operations to act independently without blocking each other.
- Sharing discoveries, practices, tools, and learning across silos is encouraged. DevOps relies heavily on automation to provide speed, consistency, and repeatable processes and environment creation, as we describe below.
Q. What is the career options after SAFe Devops Certification?
A. After getting certified as SAFe DevOps, you can easily get following roles –
- Software development team member in SAFe DevOps environment.
- SAFe DevOps Consultant
- Agile project manager
- Release train engineer
- SAFe Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- SAFe Program Consultant (Next Level of SAFe Certification)
Q. Can I take SAFe DevOps certification without attending the workshop?
A. No, it’s mandatory to attend the two days masterclass in order to get certified. It should be an in-person workshop, not virtual training.
Q. How many hours of training is required?
Its 16 hours of hands-on training spanning over two full days.
Q. Do you offer Scrum education units from this class?
A. Yes, the participants will receive 15 Category E Scrum education units.
Q. Can I take the exam from anywhere?
A. Yes, its an online exam, you can take it from your office or personal computer with good internet connectivity. The exam is virtually proctored and the participants are not allowed to switch in between or refer the study material during the exam.
Q. What is the exam format? How many questions will be asked?
|Exam duration||90 minutes|
|Number of questions||45|
|Passing score||33 out of 45 (73%)|
|Exam cost||$100, included in the cost of training|
|Second attempt||Allowed. Cost is USD 50|
Q. What is the validity of SAFe Devops certificate?
A. The SAFe Devops certificate is valid for a year, you need to renew the certificate to keep it valid. The annual cost of renewal is USD 100.
Q. How Do I renew this certificate?
A. In order to renew, login to scaled Agile community portal and you will be able to see all your certificate along with expiry dates.
Q. Where Can I find the reference material?
A. The reference material for SAFe Devops will be provided in the class.
Q. What is included in the SAFe Devops classroom kit?
- The SAFe Devops reference material (Handbook)
- Eligibility to take SAFe Devops online exam.
- Access to SAFe community portal for a year.
Q. How is SAFe Devops different from other DevOps certifications?
A. DevOps and scaled agile are complimentary to each other, a strong agile team will focus on collaboration, while scaled agile framework creates the culture and environment of collaboration and continuous delivery, Devops will provide necessary tools of growth in the agile environment. Mastering both Devops and Scaled agile framework can accelerate the agility of your organization.
Q. Do you provide online training for SAFe DevOps?
A. No, the scaled agile academy is very particular about face to face interaction. The complexity of framework and the practical aspect of tool makes it difficult to create an environment of learning virtually. That’s the precise reason why SAFe Devops mandates a classroom interaction over virtual environment.
Q: How difficult is the SAFe® DevOps exam?
A: The SAFe® DevOps exam is a little tricky to crack, but not difficult if you do better planning. We suggest you study the SAFe® DevOps workbook, attempt the mock test available on our website, analyze the result of your practice tests by studying each question. Our Mock tests are available as a part of the program. Mock tests will help you prepare for the exam and identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can crack your exam easily.
Q: Do you have sample questions for the SAFe® DevOps exam?
A: Yes, we do have Mock Test papers with lots of sample questions. Click here to access the sample questions of the SAFe® DevOps exam.
Q: Can I ask for a refund if I can’t attend the program?
A: Yes, in the current situation we are giving a 100% refund/rescheduling if you can’t attend the program because of any reason.
Q: What if I feel this training was not right for me?
A: Let us know in 4 hours of starting the class, we will refund your full money.
Q: Where can I find more details about Scaled Agile?
A: You can find more information in the below links:
Q. What is Cancellation/Refund & reschedule policy for SAFe DevOps certification?
- All the cancellation and reschedule requests must be notified over email.
- Requests received any time prior to class will get 100% refund. Within 7 working days.
- After first day if you’re unable to attend due to any emergency, we will reschedule your class for future.
Q: How many PDUs and SEUs will I earn?
A: The detailed information of PDUs and SEUs are given as follows:
PDUs and SEUs
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Claim Code||4446HI37OD||Duration||2 days||–|
Meet Our Trainer
Pulasti Choudhary brings over 22 years of software engineering experience playing various roles such as developer, business analyst, architect, program manager, product owner and agile coach. He has successfully led small and large teams through their product development and agile transformation journey in organizations such as New York Stock Exchange, Royal Bank of Canada, Fannie Mae and Susquehanna International Group. He holds a masters of Software Engineering from SMU, masters of management from NYU and a bachelor of engineering from Mumbai University.
Training Schedules would support the time zones of the following Countries/Cities
US, Canada, UK, London, Australia, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Florida, New York, Washington,California, Idaho, Los Angeles , Nevada, Oregon, Seattle, Mississauga, Charlotte, Cairo, Columbia, Wellington, New Zealand, Fishers, Toronto, Germany, Denmark France, Chile, Santiago, Argentina, Poland, Portugal, Netherlands, Prague, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, UAE, Dubai, South Africa, Egypt, Greece, South Africa, Turkey, Nigeria, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Manila, Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Kerala, Kochi.
Submit your review