Why Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®)?
Scaled agile framework (SAFe® Framework) is an Enterprise Agile Framework designed and inspired by lean product development, agile principles, and systems thinking. Leading SAFe® is a scaling software & hardware product development program, portfolio, and high solution levels among some of the biggest enterprises worldwide. SAFe is an excellent approach for product development, management, innovation, designing, DevOps, lean, and value streams mapping. The ever-changing market condition is very demanding and offers a unique challenge of scalability, relevance, speed of delivery, and quality. The workshop focuses on the practical aspects of the Scaled Agile framework. Scaled Agile is not just a framework; it’s a culture of productivity, customer focus, and lean delivery.
Need Some help? Call Sumit 8884670012 / 9990451222 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will you gain from Leading SAFe® Workshop?
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
Topics Covered in the Leading SAFe® Agilist Training
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Ability
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
Prerequisites for Scaled Agile Training
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Who Should Attend the SAFe® Training?
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Key Takeaways from the class
The Attendees will receive the following –
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course to be eligible for the exam.
Q. Is it mandatory to attend classroom training for SAFe® Agilist?
A. Yes, it’s mandatory to attend a face to face interaction led by a SAFe Program consultant for 16 hours. Here are the steps you need to follow to earn SAFe® Agilist Certification –
- Attend SAFe® Agilist Workshop by with an SPC.
- Study with the material provided in class and the SAFe big picture.
- Watch online videos on SAFe® Framework by Saket.
- Practice mock tests.
- Register on the Scaled Agile Academy Community portal. The trainer will share the exam link and data with you.
Q. How many PDUS and SEUS will i get?
A. SAFe® Agilist Workshop will offer you 15 SEUs in category C (Face to face training outside Scrum Alliance.) and 16 PDUs for renewal of PMP, PMI-ACP, and PMI-PBA Certificates.
Here is the break-up of PDUs –
|PMI Certification for renewal||Technical||Leadership||Strategic||Total|
|Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification||6||6||3||15|
|Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification||6||6||3||15|
|PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® Certification||0||6||3||9|
The information and process to claim PDUs will be emailed post completion of the workshop.
Q. The Scaled Agile Academy has multiple certificates which one should I choose and Why?
A. The Scaled Agile Academy has the following certificates –
|Certificate||For Whom||Offered in|
|SAFe®Agilist||Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Senior scrum masters, Agile coaches||Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai and Kolkata|
|SAFe Product Manager Product Owner (PMPO)||Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Customer stakeholders, scrum masters.||Delhi, Hyderabad, and Bangalore|
|SAFe Scrum Master||Scrum Masters, Scrum Professionals working in SAFe Environment||Not offered by iZenBridge as of today.|
|SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)||Scrum Masters, Scrum Professionals working in SAFe Environment||Not offered by iZenBridge as of today.|
Q. How is Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) Different from Scrum?
A. SAFe® or the Scaled Agile Framework solves the fundamental problem of Scrum. Scrum is recommended, and effective for small teams. The ideal team size for scrum is nine people including, scrum masters which makes it difficult to execute large size projects.
Scaled Agile Framework is for scaling agile to larger enterprise teams. The framework helps you implement the scrum of the scrum and get true value out of your agile implementations.
Q. I have never worked as a scrum master, can I still do Scaled Agile Training?
A. Ideally, experience or knowledge of scrum is recommended for people who plan to go for scaled Agile framework training, though, it’s not a mandatory criterion. A working understanding of scrum makes it easy to understand the challenges you face in the scrum and how you can overcome those using the scaled Agile framework.
Q. How can SAFe® Agilist help me in my career?
A. Enterprises are looking for experts in Lean and Agile. Scrum is a minimal framework and to achieve the true potential of Agile, an enterprise-level framework is necessary. Currently scaled Agile framework is adopted by service enterprises such as IBM, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS on a bigger scale. Many organizations have enrolled as a gold partner with the scaled agile consortium to lead SAFe implementation.
Q. What are the target profiles for me after I get certified as SAFe® Agilist?
A. You can apply for Scrum of Scrum Roles, Enterprise Agile Coach, Scrum Coach, or senior scrum master roles after understanding and learning the SAFe Framework.
Q. How is Leading SAFe® Connected with Lean?
A. SAFe® is a lean, agile framework. The SAFe Portfolio recommends having a lean Portfolio management function which is the highest decision-making body. The people holding this position are aware of the financial position of the enterprise; they understand the risk associated with the various project and allocate the portfolio accordingly. The empowered LPM is very important for the success of scaled agile framework implementation.
Q. Is this framework limited to software development only?
A. Yes, Primarily SAFe is an enterprise software development framework. Though the founder of SAFe does not put any such limitations, the real use of this framework and little success till now have only been in information systems.
Q. Can I do a Leading SAFe® certification online?
A. No. The complexity of the SAFe® framework and the sophistication cannot be delivered online. It’s a hands-on framework, and a face to face interaction is necessary to understand the framework well.
Q. Where and how do I renew the SAFe® Agilist certification?
A. The SAFe certification will be up for renewal after one year from the first day of your class. Follow these steps to renew your certificate-
- Log on to the Scaled Agile community portal.
- Go to certifications. You will find all your SAFe certifications listed here.
- Click on Leading SAFe certification and proceed for renewal.
- You would need to pay $100 to get your certificate renewed.
Q. Is there any pre-requisite for renewal?
A. As of today, there is no such requirement. The SAFe® Framework keeps updating on a regular basis to cope up with the changing business requirements. It is recommended that you go through the updated SAFe Workbook and the SAFe big picture to keep yourself updated.
Q. Where can I find information about the big picture of the SAFe® framework?
A. The SAFe big picture is available for free download on the Scale Agile academy website. Here is the link. – https://www.scaledagileframework.com/
Q. What is the value of SAFe® Agilist certification from the job perspective?
A. The Scaled Agile Leading SAFe® certificate is quite popular among Scrum and Agile professionals. Since scrum is limited to the team level implementation, and it’s a minimal framework, organizations often struggle to keep up with the scalability issues. Among all the frameworks for scaling (LESS, SAFe and Disciplined Agile Delivery), the SAFe® framework is a leading market player with around 60% adoption.
Q. Which all Companies would consider hiring people with SAFe® certification in Hyderabad?
A. Most tech service companies are operating out of Hyderabad gold or silver partner with the scale Agile Academy. The founders of SAFe are helping companies adopt this framework. Some of the prominent gold partners are Infosys, TCS, IBM, Wipro and Cognizant among others. The certified SAFe® Agilist is very much in demand for leading the implementation of the Scaled Agile framework.
Q. What is the SAFe® Agilist exam pattern?
A. The Leading SAFe® or the SAFe® Agilist exam is conducted online. It includes 45 multiple-choice questions. You should score 77% to clear the exam. The time allotted is around 90 minutes.
Q. What other certifications should I attend after doing the SAFe® course?
A. The SAFe® Agilist or Leading SAFe is the first step in the Scaled Agile journey. You can do a SAFe PMPO certification or go for the SAFe® Program consultant who is the certificate for SAFe trainers.
Q. I want to do a SAFe® certification in Bangalore. Do you provide SAFe® training there as well?
A. Yes, we currently offer SAFe® Agilist certification in all major IT hubs of India, including Bangalore, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Chennai, and Hyderabad. In general, we organize one public workshop of SAFe® Agilist every four weeks.
Q. What is your success rate for scaled agile framework training in Hyderabad?
A. iZenBridge has regular batches of the Scaled Agile framework in Hyderabad. In fact, we have the maximum number of successful batches in India across all cities. We have been able to achieve a 100% Success rate in all our batches. We also offer a retake assurance which means if you are unable to clear the exam in first attempts, you can take one more chance and iZenBridge will refund the cost of our second attempt. We have one in thousand candidates who are unable to clear in the first attempt.
Q. How is your batch different from available SAFe® Agilist training in Hyderabad?
A. Here are a few factors which differentiate us from the other training providers.
- Regular batches – We conduct regular batches of the scaled agile framework with almost zero cancellation, unlike on the fly institutes who publish the batch, collect your money and then leave you following up for the batch which never happens. Scaled Agile Academy has a minimum threshold of 5 participants to conduct a batch, and most providers are unable to meet this number. iZenBridge batches are rarely cancelled and postponed.
- Expert trainer- We continuously monitor the quality of training. Our trainers are carefully selected SAFe® program consultants who carry the experience of implementing the framework with multiple teams/organizations and share lots of practical experience which takes you beyond the bookish knowledge.
- Online content – Our training is accompanied by the online video content created to help you understand the Scaled Agile framework. The online content stays with you before and after the class, you can refer to the scaled agile videos anytime you need to refresh your understanding of the scaled agile framework.
- Simulation test- No other provider will be able to offer you the simulation tests on the scaled agile framework, thereby risking your chances of clearing the SAFe exam in the first attempt.
- Retake assurance – We are the only provider of Scaled Agile training with a retake assurance; if you are unable to pass your SAFe® Agilist certification exam even after attending our training or taking the online simulation exams of iZenBridge, we offer you a free retake and ensure you have necessary preparation to clear the certification in the second attempt.
Q. What is SAFe® (Scaled Agile) certification?
A. SAFe® or the scaled Agile framework is used for Scaling the Agile practices within organizations. It’s a scrum of scrum frameworks to scale agile within multiple teams. The certification proves that you have a practical understanding of the Scaled Agile framework, you would need to attend the leading agile workshop and complete an online exam to get certified as a SAFe practitioner. The certification validates the knowledge of the framework, leadership principles and ability to adapt at lean and SAFe® at the enterprise level.
Q. What is SAFe® in Scrum?
A. SAFe provides the necessary scalability that scrum lacks otherwise. Scrum, though a good framework with minimal intervention and self-organization, it provides little clarity on how to implement this on a large scale, multi-location complex project. The SAFe® Agilist framework solves this fundamental problem of Scrum. SAFe is an enterprise-level Scrum of Scrum Framework for large
Q. What is the SAFe® agile process?
A. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using SAFe® Framework –
|Scaled Agile Framework®|
|Promotes Lean and Agile practices into traditional corporate organizations||Hard to understand the framework|
|Emphasizes short-term deliveries||Highly prescriptive|
|Free of charge||Promotes manager’s Agile|
|Advocates long-lived teams||Limited customization and flexibility|
|Suited for large organizations||Complex Framework|
|Emphasizes people over technology||Promotes organization hierarchy|
Q. What are the organization levels in SAFe®?
A. The Scaled Agile Framework promotes three levels of organizations –
- Portfolio Level – Portfolio level is the leadership team that defines the vision for the organization, makes investment decisions, and provides direction to the organization.
- Program Level – Program level leadership is meant to take care of the specific value stream inside your business. The program level breaks the value stream in the smaller features to create a program backlog.
- Team Level – The team level leadership breaks the program backlog further to create stories. Scrum is followed here to complete the product backlog. The complete stories would further integrate into the upward stream to create a program level and portfolio level integration.
Q. What is SPC4?
A. SPC4 is the certification for SAFe® Program consultants. After earning this certification, you can conduct public and corporate batches of the Scaled Agile framework. You can also lead to the safe implementation of the portfolio and program level.
Q. What is an SPC certification?
A. SPC stands for SAFe® program consultant; It’s a five days hands-on workshop where you master the Scaled Agile framework. You can lead the implementation, train people on a SAFe® framework or become an enterprise-level Agile leader after completing this Course.
Q. What are the core values of SAFe®?
A. The four Core Values of alignment, built-in quality, transparency, and program execution represent the fundamental beliefs that are key to SAFe’s effectiveness. These guiding principles help dictate behaviour and action for everyone who participates in a SAFe portfolio.
Q. What does Enterprise agility mean?
A. Enterprise agility stands for the organization’s capability to respond to change and adapt to the evolving market conditions. In an agile enterprise, the decision making is decentralized; information flows down faster, there is less stress of hierarchy, reporting structure, etc. Kanban, Scrum or other agile framework are followed at the team level to improve productivity and delivery; overall the organization is lean and responsive to change.
Upcoming Classroom Trainings
Director, Project Management Professional (PMP)® & Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification Trainer, iZenBridge
Saket Bansal is the Founder of iZenBridge, a global education provider dedicated to improving the employability of working professionals. Saket started his professional career as a developer, and from the last eight years, he is in education and consulting. Saket facilitates training on Business Agility, SAFe, Disciplined Agile, Project Management, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Facilitation and Coaching skills. Saket is helping start-ups, mid-size organizations and big corporates in developing high performing teams and achieving business agility.
Submit your review