When you are working as a team leader, you often want to be more agile and more efficient for your clients. Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master is a hybrid framework that leverages the proven strategies from several sources, providing a decision framework to guide your adoption and tailoring of them in a context-driven manner. DALSM helps to deliver solutions incrementally by being aware of the enterprise. One who adopts Agile governance strategies can streamline inception and transition efforts in the organization. Our training offers tools and techniques to help you lead an Agile team, impact people and eliminate impediments. You will understand the value of individuals and interactions over processes and tools, consumable solutions over comprehensive documentation, stakeholder collaboration over contract negotiation, and responding to change over following a plan. Using Agile techniques from the real world, you’ll learn how to adapt the Way of Working (WoW) of your team to maximize efficiency and continually improve it.
We offer four virtual sessions for two days and each session is three hours long. The course is designed specifically for busy professionals who are all packed up in working hours. Our online live DALSM session would be an enriching experience to ensure that you have a knowledge and understanding of the Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master without sacrificing your office. You will be required to have approx. 20 hours of self-study for better understanding. There will be both individual assignments as well as group assignments. It is recommended that one should complete the reading of theory before the session so that they can actively participate in all the activities and conversations. For all the participants, complete content is available at eLearning.izenbridge.com. We have an expert team of Agile coaches who guide you perfectly throughout the journey. To get Certified, one must complete all assignments and attend live virtual sessions. Upon successful completion of the course, professionals will receive the certification of Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM).
Enabling Enterprise Agility with Disciplined Agile Delivery
What you will learn
Within the two days of Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master training, you’ll learn:
- How to create the environment within which value flow can be achieved.
- How to determine what steps are needed to support business agility and what is required to do in your company.
- How to identify tailored solutions that address the common organizational and management needs that still exist even when you are Agile.
- How to choose the appropriate practices and techniques in your working environment to continuously improve your WoW.
- How to apply Agile and Lean values, principles, and practices to your team.
Session 1: Foundations of Disciplined Agile
- The Disciplined Agile Mindset
- The seven principles of DA
- The Disciplined Agile Manifesto
- Layers of organizational agility
- Lifecycles – Team and value stream (DA FLEX)
- Goal diagrams – How to read and how to use
- Complex adaptive systems
- People and Teams
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team structures
Session 2: Team and Organization Agility
- Team Agility
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
- gile business teams
- Agile service teams
- Organizational agility
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise (DAE)
- Disciplined Agile IT (DAIT)
- Disciplined DevOps
- Value streams
- Lean Governance
- Choosing Your Way of Working (WoW)
- What is the context faced by your team?
- Choosing the best-fit lifecycle
- Understanding, selecting, and applying process goals in your team’s context
- Laying out your team’s initial way of working (WoW)
- Disciplined retrospectives and Guided Continuous Improvement (GCI)
- Tracking and measuring process improvement effectiveness
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for individuals who:
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile and Lean, and better yet have practical experience of applying them.
- Are experienced with Agile and who would like to move their career to the next level.
Designation can be achieved
After passing the Disciplined Agile Certification Test you will be awarded the Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) designation. Based on your experience with agile teams, you may apply for the following designations:
- Participants earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist with a free first-year membership and full benefits value of US$ 50.
- One free attempt of the Disciplined Agile Certification Exam, completed within 30 days of the course completion date.
Upcoming Classroom Trainings
Q. Who is the governing body of the DALSM course?
A. Project Management Institute (PMI) is the governing body of the Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master course. PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program, and portfolio management profession. PMI delivers value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education, and research. Please find more details here at https://www.pmi.org.in/content.aspx?id=About-PMI
Who should do this DALSM course?
A. This course is ideal for a person who understands the fundamentals of Agile and Lean and has practical experience of applying them in the organization. And also for one who is experienced with Agile and who would like to move their career to the next level.
How is this DALSM training delivered?
A. This is a virtual program that is delivered via a webinar platform (Zoom). Once you enroll, you will receive an email with session details. The session recording will be available to the participants for review, but it’s mandatory to attend all live sessions to earn the certification. Our trainer Saket Bansal’s Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master sessions are highly interactive, with a lot of discussions and exercises to help participants improve their skills.
What will be the examination process?
A.It will be a closed book exam with 50 questions. The time limit will be 60 minutes. You will not be able to go back to previously answered questions.
How do I prepare for an exam?
A.The exam pattern will be based on multiple-choice questions. For better understanding and to clear the exam, you must attend the training session. You can expect this book as a source of questions i.e. Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) – Jan 1, 2019, by Scott Ambler & Mark Line
How are questions set out for the test?
A.There are two ways for awarding marks based on the type of question:
- True-false questions
- Multiple-option questions
You will be awarded one point for each correct answer, zero for an incorrect answer.
Is there any sample test available online?
A.Yes, the sample test is available on our website. There will be 10 questions in the sample test. Answers will be available at the back of the test. The marking sheet will be there to help you calculate your score along with the detailed description of how your score will be calculated. We recommend you print the PDF, take the test and then calculate your score.
Here is the link for a sample test:
How many marks are required to pass the exam?
A.It is compulsory to achieve 70% i.e. 35 marks out of 50 marks to clear the exam.
Is this lifetime certification?
A.This DALSM certification is with a free first-year membership. After that, you need to renew it with a $50 USD annual renewal fee. Also, 7 hours of professional development (minimum 5 DA hours) required each year, such as workshops or webinars to renew the DALSM Certification.
Director, Project Management Professional (PMP)® & Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification Trainer, iZenBridge
Saket Bansal is the Founder of iZenBridge, a global education provider dedicated to improving the employability of working professionals. Saket started his professional career as a developer, and from the last eight years, he is in education and consulting. Saket facilitates training on Business Agility, SAFe, Disciplined Agile, Project Management, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Facilitation and Coaching skills. Saket is helping start-ups, mid-size organizations and big corporates in developing high performing teams and achieving business agility.