In affiliation with Lean Kanban University (LKU)
This 8 hours virtual Workshop on Team Kanban Practitioner covers Kanban practice in detail. Kanban Professionals help teams in improving productivity, create visibility and bring transparency in the communication.
Kanban Does not believe in overhauling the entire process and starting from scratch. Rather, you start by taking pragmatic steps to improve what you have without disturbing the process, teams or organization structure. This significantly reduces the fear of new, people find it easy to adopt. The WIP limits, the visible kanban boards Cycle time and Kanban style stand-up meeting helps you expose the bottlenecks and dependencies, brings transparency and improves collaborations.
Pioneered by David Anderson, “Kanban Method” is much more than just a board or a kanban system. It is a management method that helps improve service delivery, catalyze improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”.
What you will Learn in Team Kanban Workshop?
The team Kanban Virtual Workshop is approved by Lean Kanban University. This course starts with Kanban principles and practices, shares the idea of Kanban system via an interactive simulation game, and discusses board design, ticket design and classes of service among other basic Kanban concepts – in short, a great way to get started with Kanban on a team level.
Some of the common situations where Kanban can provide a great value include:
- New Scrum teams struggling to reach a sustainable pace of development
- Scrum teams that are overwhelmed by frequent changes in the Sprint scope
- Non-agile (waterfall) teams that wish to transition to Agile, but feel Scrum could be too risky, too disruptive
- Mature Scrum teams that wish to transition to Continuous Delivery
- Teams looking for an “alternative path to agility”
Why Learn from Lean Kanban University (LKU)?
David J Anderson – the founder of Lean Kanban Inc, the parent body of LKU – pioneered the use of “Kanban Method” for knowledge work and service work since 2005. Over the past several years, David – with assistance from an active Kanban community – has enhanced Kanban method by incorporating concepts such as pull systems, queuing theory and flow.
Today, the LKU Kanban certifications are the most renowned Kanban certifications in the technology world.
Deliverable from TKP Workshop
All participants will receive:
- Certificate of completion from Lean Kanban University
- “Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)” credential certificate, accompanied by the TKP Badge
- Softcopy of the classroom workbook
- Complimentary copy (softcopy) the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J Anderson
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
This one-day introductory course on Kanban Method is recommended for anyone looking for new proven ways to optimize the flow of knowledge work, including but not limited to:
- Project Managers / Program Managers
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Application leads / Team leads
- Software developers, Testers, Business analysts
Need Some help? Call Giri 9212612497
In this one-day highly interactive session, participants will gain sufficient knowledge to get started with the Kanban Method and take the first steps in improving the flow of work. The agenda for this session includes:
- Meaning of Kanban
- Definition of Kanban Method
- Motivation for the Kanban Method
- Kanban Principles
- Kanban Practices – Visualization, WIP Limits, etc.
- Understanding Kanban Systems
- Classes of service and work item types
- Understanding the Flow of work using Kanban game
- Designing Kanban boards
- Overview of STATIK – Systems Thinking Approach
Q. How often do you conduct this training?
A. This is a virtual training, its repeated every six weeks.
Q. When and how will I get my Certificate?
A. Your Certificate will come from Lean Kanban University. Once the training is over, we will submit your data to LKU for processing your certificate. Participants generally receive the certificate within 2-3 days of class. The soft copy of certificate will be available for download in your LKU account.
Q. Do I need to take any Exam ?
A. There is no exam, the certification is awarded based on the training participation.
Q. What is included in the class registration?
A. Upon registering this class, you will get an online program on “Kanban For Software Development Teams”. Additionally, we will email you the schedule of Virtual training.
Q. How is the virtual class delivered?
A. The class would be delivered by GoToMeeting, the participants would have to come online on the time specified.
Director, Project Management Professional (PMP)® & Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification Trainer, iZenBridge
Saket Bansal is the Founder of iZenBridge, a global education provider dedicated to improving the employability of working professionals. Saket started his professional career as a developer, and from the last eight years, he is in education and consulting. Saket facilitates training on Business Agility, SAFe, Disciplined Agile, Project Management, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Facilitation and Coaching skills. Saket is helping start-ups, mid-size organizations and big corporates in developing high performing teams and achieving business agility.