Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
In affiliation with Lean Kanban University (LKU)
The essence of Kanban is – “start where you are”, and start with “small pragmatic actionable steps” that you can start implementing next Monday! No new roles, no need to change team structure, no need for drastic changes in the way you develop products or deliver services. In short, Kanban favours an evolutionary change approach rather than a big-bang, disruptive change.
Pioneered by David Anderson, “Kanban Method” is much more than just a board or a kanban system. It is a management method that helps improve service delivery, catalyze improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”.
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) is a highly interactive one-day introductory class on Kanban Method that is accredited by the Lean Kanban University (LKU). This course starts with Kanban principles and practices, shares the idea of Kanban system via an interactive simulation game, and discusses board design, ticket design and classes of service among other basic Kanban concepts – in short, a great way to get started with Kanban on a team level.
Some of the common situations where Kanban can provide a great value include:
- New Scrum teams struggling to reach a sustainable pace of development
- Scrum teams that are overwhelmed by frequent changes in the Sprint scope
- Non-agile (waterfall) teams that wish to transition to Agile, but feel Scrum could be too risky, too disruptive
- Mature Scrum teams that wish to transition to Continuous Delivery
- Teams looking for an “alternative path to agility”
Why Learn from Lean Kanban University (LKU)?
David J Anderson – the founder of Lean Kanban Inc, the parent body of LKU – pioneered the use of “Kanban Method” for knowledge work and service work since 2005. Over the past several years, David – with assistance from an active Kanban community – has enhanced Kanban method by incorporating concepts such as pull systems, queuing theory and flow.
Today, the LKU Kanban certifications are the most renowned Kanban certifications in the technology world.
All participants will receive:
- Certificate of completion from Lean Kanban University
- “Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)” credential certificate, accompanied by the TKP Badge
- Softcopy of the classroom workbook
- Complimentary copy (softcopy) the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J Anderson
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
This one-day introductory course on Kanban Method is recommended for anyone looking for new proven ways to optimize the flow of knowledge work, including but not limited to:
- Project Managers / Program Managers
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Application leads / Team leads
- Software developers, Testers, Business analysts