A Course from Lean Kanban University
“Kanban System Design” is a 2-day beginner to intermediate level course that begins with a detailed introduction to Kanban Method and moves on to share the STATIK approach – a powerful idea that facilitates a ‘service-orientation’ mindset. It makes participants think at a deeper level, beyond just their daily work challenges, to effect a long-term sustainable change.
After completion of training you will gain practical insights on how to:
- Guide a team in their adoption of Kanban – using the STATIK approach
- Embrace a service-delivery mindset and help the team Identify and reduce the bottlenecks that obstruct your development process
- Learn how to measure and use meaningful kanban metrics like Flow Efficiency, Lead Time Distribution, Control Chart and Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD)
- Learn how to decide WIP limits and conduct effective daily standup and other kanban meetings
- Evolve the process and practices in collaboration with team to ensure the service delivery model is “fit for purpose”
Download the detail course content here:
Need Some help? Call Abhishek 9990451333
This certified Kanban training is designed as a hands-on workshop and uses various exercises and simulation games alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations. The training deliverables include:
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
- Electronic copy of the course slides
- Electronic copy of the book “Kanban – Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and access to the members’ only sections of the LKU website. This will help you connect with the Kanban community and share your experience and new ideas
LKU Kanban certifications are the most renowned Kanban certifications in the technology world. Book your seat for the upcoming Kanban training in Kolkata (KMP1 – Kolkata)
- Meaning of Kanban
- Definition of Kanban Method
- Kanban Principles
- Kanban Practices – Visualization, WIP Limits, etc.
- Understanding Kanban Systems
- Classes of service and work item types
- Kanban in action – Understanding the flow of work using an advanced Kanban game
- Designing Kanban boards
- Designing a Work Item(Ticket)
- Introduction to STATIK: Systems Thinking Approach To Introducing Kanban
- Identifying internal and external motivation for change
- Demand analysis for different types of work
- Choosing system replenishment and delivery frequencies
To support the classroom teaching this course uses non-technical exercises, simulations and case studies.
Q. What is Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (KMP1)?
A. Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (I) – This course has been accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU). If you are new to Kanban or have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate your knowledge in a practical setting you can go for this certificate.
Q. Certified Lean Kanban Foundation (KMP1) is primarily aimed for which kind of role?
A. This course is aimed at product and project managers, development team members (designers, programmers, architects, testers, etc.), business analysts, Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters who want to enhance their Lean/agile skill set.
Q. What do I need to attend the course for this certification?
A. This course has no set prerequisites and is suitable for all experience levels.
Q. What is the outcome of this course?
A. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will become accredited members of the Lean-Kanban University.
Upcoming Classroom Trainings