Kanban Management Professional (KMP2)
Kanban – An alternate path to Agility!
The essence of Kanban is – “start where you are”, and start with “small pragmatic actionable steps” that you can start implementing next Monday! No new roles, no need to change team structure, and no need for drastic changes in the way you develop your products or deliver services. In short, Kanban favours an evolutionary change approach rather than a big-bang, disruptive change.
Pioneered by David Anderson, “Kanban Method” is much more than just a board or a kanban system. It is a management method that helps improve service delivery, catalyse improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”.
Some of the common situations where Kanban Method delivers great value include:
- New Scrum teams struggling to reach a sustainable pace of development
- Scrum teams that are overwhelmed by frequent changes in the Sprint scope
- Waterfall teams that wish to transition to Agile, but feel Scrum could be too risky, too disruptive
- Mature Scrum teams that wish to transition to Continuous Delivery
- Teams looking for an “alternative path to agility”
What will you learn?
“Kanban Management Professional” is a 2-day advanced level course that will help participants build on their existing knowledge of Kanban Method and will help them take their current Kanban implementation to the next level.
After completion of training you will gain practical insights on how to:
- Guide a team in their adoption of Kanban
- Embrace a service-delivery mindset and help the team Identify and reduce the bottlenecks that obstruct their development process
- Learn how to measure and use meaningful kanbanmetrics like Flow Efficiency, Lead Time Distribution, Control Chart and Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD)
- Learn how to conduct effective Kanban meetings – service delivery review, operations review and risk review
- Evolve the process and practices in collaboration with team to ensure the service delivery model is “fit for purpose”
This is an advanced training on Kanban Method and requires participants to have completed Kanban System Design (KMP1). To know more about Kanban System Design (KMP1), please visit www.izenbridge.com/kanban/kanban-system-training-kmp-1/
In addition to KMP1, participants are encouraged to have read the following two Kanban books:
- 1. “Kanban” by David J Anderson
- 2. “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows
Why Learn from Lean Kanban University (LKU)?
David J Anderson – the founder of Lean Kanban Inc, the parent body of LKU – pioneered the use of “Kanban Method” for knowledge work and service work since 2005. Over the past several years, David – with assistance from an active Kanban community – has enhanced Kanban method by incorporating concepts such as pull systems, queuing theory and flow.
Today, the LKU Kanban certifications are the most renowned Kanban certifications in the technology world.
This certified Kanban training is designed as a hands-on workshop and uses various exercises andsimulation games alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations. The training deliverables include:
- “Kanban Management Professional” certificate from Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Electronic copy of the course slides
- Electronic copy of the book “Kanban – Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and access to the members’ only sections of the LKU website.
This course is an intermediate to advanced level program relevant for anyone looking for new proven ways to optimize the flow of knowledge work:
- Project Managers and Senior Project Managers
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
- Application leads / Team leads
- Professionals in other leadership roles